In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who has been reaching out, sharing this source with others, helping the Route 26 project grow, and getting involved with local live music. Things really seem to be happening here, and this area is becoming more and more known for its Arts scene, which is friggin fabulous.
I also wanted to remind everyone that you can email me at any time at email@example.com, and let me know your ideas/thoughts about Route 26. I'm always looking for suggestions and conversations about how to grow this project. I would also love to bring some extra contributors to the team. If you'd like to help this ball keep rolling and help the area's music network grow and grow, please reach out to me!
Here are some of the things that I would love some extra help with:
- Data entry: posting the music listings into the calendar (this is a long process so many hands would make light work, and it would also give Route 26 the chance to branch out a little bit more)
- Social media maintenance: Facebook and Instagram upkeep, publishing relevant posts, responding to questions/messages, etc.
- Blog posts: 200-500 words about once a week about what's going on
- Going to live music performances and reviewing the act, posting some pics, live updating the insta story, etc.
- Good photography and video: I've been using what's available, and Sara Johnston of www.daughterandsnow.com has helped out multiple times with her stellar photography. Regularly producing this kind of quality content would be ideal.
- Taking on other opportunities with the Route 26 brand (live shows, exclusive releases, etc.)
I've met so many amazing people through this project and I think forming a little team of contributors would help take it to the next level! Let me know if any of this sounds appealing to you, or share it with your creative/artsy/musical/journalist/blogger friends.
Also, I've been working away on filling up the October schedule today, and wow there's a lot of awesome stuff happening. I invite you to peruse and check out some of the great music coming through our neck of the woods. One new thing I'm really stoked about is that Gibson & Co. (here in Collingwood) has introduced Tuesday vinyl nights, where you can bring in your own records and spin with pals. I shall be checking that out very soon.
Here's a song from Jadea Kelly, who's performing at Heartwood Hall on Oct. 26.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!